Chris Curci is a Partner in the Firm’s Philadelphia and New Jersey offices. Prior to entering civil practice, Mr. Curci successfully tried hundreds of cases to verdict as an Assistant District Attorney in the Philadelphia District Attorney’s Office.
Today, Mr. Curci defends employers in all types of employment related litigation, including: Title VII, ADA, ADEA, FMLA, FLSA, ERISA, PHRA, NJ LAD, NJ CEPA, NLRA, OSHA, wage & hour, wrongful termination, and non-compete, non-solicitation, and confidentiality agreements. He has litigated cases in the United States District Court for the Eastern, Middle, and Western Districts of Pennsylvania; the District of New Jersey; the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit; the Common Pleas, Superior, Commonwealth, and Supreme Courts of Pennsylvania; and the Superior Courts and Appellate Division of New Jersey. He also represents clients in various state and federal employment agencies, and he has handled numerous arbitrations and mediations.
Having litigated almost every type of employment related matter, Mr. Curci is a valuable asset to his clients as an advisor and general counselor. He regularly advises clients on responding to employee complaints, conducting internal investigations, handling employee hiring and terminations, drafting employee handbooks and policies, and drafting employment contracts. The close working relationship that Mr. Curci has with his clients allows him to offer sound legal advice specifically tailored to meet each client’s unique goals and business objectives.
Mr. Curci also represents and advises Condominium and Homeowners’ Associations in Breach of Fiduciary Duty, Breach of Contract, and Fair Housing Act claims. Working directly with the Boards of Trustees, Mr. Curci understands the unique issues faced by Condominium and Homeowners’ Associations that arise under the myriad of laws, rules, regulations, Master Deeds and By-Laws to which they are beholden. Mr. Curci has also defended numerous medical institutions and healthcare providers in professional liability and D&O claims, including several whistleblower claims for unsafe practices.
Finally, Mr. Curci has extensive experience in all aspects of construction related litigation. He successfully appealed an issue of first impression before the Pennsylvania Supreme Court regarding the applicability of the Pennsylvania Contractors and Subcontractors Payment Act (“CASPA”) to federally funded construction projects. The appeal resulted in a reversal of the trial court’s decision and established binding precedent that CASPA does not apply to public works projects, including those funded by the federal government. Clipper Pipe v. Ohio Casualty Insurance Co., 105 A.2d 657 (Pa. 2014).
Areas of Practice
- Labor and Employment Law
- Community Homeowners Associations
- Construction and Design Law
- Professional Liability/D&O
- New Jersey
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- Juris Doctor, Temple University Beasley School of Law
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Richmond
- LaSalle College High School
- “The Most Common Employee Lawsuits and How to Avoid Them – Part 1: Harassment and Discrimination,” Webinar, February 2017
- “Medical Marijuana in the Workplace” – Associated Builders & Contractors, Eastern PA Chapter, July 2017
- “Toxic Employees: How You Must Handle Them” – National Business Institute, April 2019
- “Supervisor Training” – Hyundai Glovis, June 2019
- “Employment Law & Risk Management Update” – 2019 SIPO Conference, October 2019
- “Employment Law: 2019 Comprehensive Guide: Avoiding Wage & Hour Violations” – National Business Institute, October 2019
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Montgomery County Bar Association
- LaSalle College High School Alumni Association
- Philadelphia Chamber of Commerce Young Professionals Council
Past Employment Positions
- Associate Attorney, Freeman Mathis & Gary, LLP, Philadelphia, PA
- Associate Attorney, Flamm Walton PC, Blue Bell, PA
- Assistant District Attorney, Trial Division, Philadelphia District Attorney’s Office, Philadelphia, PA