Chris Curci is a Partner in the Firm’s Philadelphia and New Jersey offices specializing in employment law, professional liability, directors and officers liability, and commercial litigation. Prior to entering civil practice, Mr. Curci successfully tried hundreds of cases to verdict as an Assistant District Attorney in the Philadelphia District Attorney’s Office.
Mr. Curci has litigated cases in the United States District Court for the Eastern, Middle, and Western Districts of Pennsylvania, the District of New Jersey, the Courts of Common Pleas throughout Pennsylvania, and the Superior Courts throughout New Jersey. At the appellate level, Mr. Curci has successfully briefed and argued appeals before the Third Circuit Court of Appeals, the Commonwealth, Superior and Supreme Courts of Pennsylvania, and the Appellate Division of New Jersey. His appellate work has resulted in precedential opinions from the Third Circuit regarding application of the Fair Housing Act to Homeowners/Condominium Associations, and the Pennsylvania Supreme Court regarding application of the Pennsylvania Contractors and Subcontractors Payment Act (“CASPA”) to federally funded construction projects. Vorchheimer v. Philadelphia Owners Ass’n, 903 F.3d 100 (3d Cir. 2018); Clipper Pipe v. Ohio Casualty Insurance Co., 631 Pa. 631 (2014). Lastly, Mr. Curci represents clients before various state and federal agencies, private arbitrations and mediations.
Mr. Curci defends employers in all types of employment related litigation, including: Title VII, ADA, ADEA, FMLA, FLSA, ERISA, PHRA, NJ LAD, NJ CEPA, NLRA, OSHA, wage & hour, wrongful termination, and non-compete, non-solicitation, and confidentiality agreements. Having litigated almost every type of employment related matter in the state and federal courts of Pennsylvania and New Jersey, Mr. Curci is a valuable asset to his clients as an advisor and general counselor. He regularly advises clients on responding to employee complaints, conducting internal investigations, handling employee hiring and terminations, drafting employee handbooks and policies, and drafting employment contracts.
In his professional liability practice, Mr. Curci defends attorneys, real estate agents, architects and engineers and other professionals in malpractice and breach of contract actions. He also has extensive experience defending breach of fiduciary duty and related claims brought against directors and officers of various non-profits, private clubs, and Homeowners/Condominium Associations. From his experience as a litigator and general counselor, Mr. Curci understands the unique issues that arise under the myriad of laws, rules, regulations, Master Deeds and By-Laws to which they are beholden.
Areas of Practice
- Labor and Employment Law
- Community Homeowners Associations
- Construction and Design Law
- Professional Liability/D&O
- New Jersey
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- Juris Doctor, Temple University Beasley School of Law
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Richmond
- LaSalle College High School
- “The Most Common Employee Lawsuits and How to Avoid Them – Part 1: Harassment and Discrimination,” Webinar, February 2017
- “Medical Marijuana in the Workplace” – Associated Builders & Contractors, Eastern PA Chapter, July 2017
- “Toxic Employees: How You Must Handle Them” – National Business Institute, April 2019
- “Supervisor Training” – Hyundai Glovis, June 2019
- “Employment Law & Risk Management Update” – 2019 SIPO Conference, October 2019
- “Employment Law: 2019 Comprehensive Guide: Avoiding Wage & Hour Violations” – National Business Institute, October 2019
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Montgomery County Bar Association
- LaSalle College High School Alumni Association
Past Employment Positions
- Associate Attorney, Freeman Mathis & Gary, LLP, Philadelphia, PA
- Associate Attorney, Flamm Walton PC, Blue Bell, PA
- Assistant District Attorney, Trial Division, Philadelphia District Attorney’s Office, Philadelphia, PA