As professionals ourselves, we understand that your reputation is the one thing that matters above all else. When professionals turn to Ward Law for help, we know that the same things matter to them. An attack on a professional’s reputation is personal and can be extremely damaging. And so, we resolutely defend claims against professionals with a goal of working toWard obtaining the most favorable conclusion, as quickly and efficiently as possible, working to restore their good name and allow them to refocus their attention on their own clients and businesses.
Our firm is experienced in all aspects of professional liability, which includes:
- Conflict avoidance through mediation and arbitration
- Representation in actual or threatened litigation
- Representation in professional licensing and disciplinary proceedings
Our extensive background in working with law and accounting firms and their professional liability insurance providers enables us to facilitate a strong defense and achieve a prompt, yet fair, resolution of even the most complex cases.
Our professional liability matters include claims involving:
- Lawyers Professional claims have seen a major increase over the years. At Ward Law, we understand the needs of our lawyer clients and the importance of resolving these business-disrupting matters. While partners and associates alike typically have roundtable discussions about our cases, we welcome and value the input of our lawyer clients into these matters as well.
- Accountant Professionals are constantly subjected to new standards and regulations with the rapid changes in the industry. The constant scrutiny has driven up the number of claims brought against them. From the most complex accounting litigation to routine subpoenas, at Ward Law, our Professional Liability team is skilled in defending and resolving your accountants professional liability matter.
- Architects and Engineers
- Architects and Engineers professional negligence practice group is nationally renowned for their deep understanding and experience in representing construction and design professionals. Our attorneys literally wrote the book in authoring one of the premier treatises on industry legal issues. Our attorneys collectively bring decades of courtroom expertise to ensure the best outcome for your claims. They use their experience to promptly evaluate cases and develop strategies to ensure a successful outcome whether that is an early resolution or trial of the case before a judge or jury. Our attorneys also have unparalleled industry knowledge, which means they understand the industry rules and ethical guidelines governing architects and engineers so they can mount the best defense possible when you face a professional malpractice allegation. Our attorneys also regularly advise architectural and engineering firms on risk avoidance practices to minimize the probability of a claim.
- Real Estate Professionals
- Real Estate Professionals are held to the highest standards as they are in the center of a person’s most likely emotional and expensive purchase. Ward Law has extensive experience in handling real estate matters involving an alleged failure to disclose, property management disputes, under/over valuation, disciplinary actions, and more.
- Insurance Agents and Brokers
- Insurance Agents and Brokers. Whether a wholesaler or retailer, Ward Law represents insurance agencies and brokerages of varied sizes against claims brought by policyholders and carriers alike. Our longstanding relationships with E&O / professional liability carriers around the country provide us with a unique advantage on how to defend insurance agents and brokers against allegations of professional negligence, breach of fiduciary duties, breach of contracts, fraud and more. Rest-assured that the attorneys at Ward Law are well-equipped and eager to work tirelessly to resolve Insurance Agents & Brokers matters swiftly and minimize the disruption caused by lengthy and costly litigation.
- Other “Miscellaneous” Professionals (MPL)
- Other “Miscellaneous” Professionals (MPL). Not every profession fits into a check box and the term “one size fits all” does not apply to E&O policies. Whether you’re a graphic designer, artist, land surveyor, tree trimmer, provide equine laser treatments or anything in between, the attorneys at Ward Law know how to think outside the box, minimize costs and manage our clients’ risks to obtain the best results when defending against professional negligence claims.